Do you find yourself becoming obsessed with “Why” questions, lately?
Why aren’t I getting more opportunities?
Why aren’t I further along in my career?
Well, today, not only do I want you to know that you are not alone in thinking these thoughts, but that there’s actually a way to go from feeling stuck in lack to becoming limitless.
How do I know? Well, I’ve been there many times myself and the way out is always the same.
And this month, I interviewed Bad Moms actress, Christina DeRosa, on how she was becoming obsessed with these “why” questions and how she transformed her life + her career in just the last 3 months.
I was thrilled to hear that Christina began making radical inner shifts through the help of my Spotlight Club and the new mindset tools I create each month specifically for actors.
“Since joining Spotlight + listening to your monthly audios, things have shifted.
After a really anemic pilot season, I stopped focusing on the lack and limitation of the opportunities I wasn’t receiving and started to take quantum leaps in my producing career. I am now receiving an Executive Producer credit on a feature film starring Victoria Pratt. Then, I booked a supporting lead in a movie, straight to offer. Your Spotlight audios + journal are helping me improve my quality of life and
live out my mission. Thank you!”
– Christina DeRosa
Bad Moms, Blackish, Devious Maids
What had you been struggling with in your life or career prior to joining Spotlight?
Before joining Spotlight, I was becoming obsessed with “Why.” Why wasn’t I getting more opportunities? Why wasn’t I further along in my career? Stuck in lack and limitation and not seeing how full and abundant I already was.
What made you decide to join the Spotlight Club?
I was fed up. I was feeling stuck and desperate for anything to make a shift. I didn’t recognize myself anymore and wanted to make a change.
“Pain pushes until vision pulls.”
– Michael Beckwith
I kept seeing your weekly emails Wendy, reading them, loving them and then the question, “why not just sign up?”
What shifts have you noticed since joining 3 months ago?
Wait, it’s only been 3 months? Three great months!
- I am having WAY more fun with my life and loving who I am.
- Allowing myself to have dinner dates with friends more and go to pool parties and not feel guilty like “I should be focused on my career right now.”
- I’m thinking bigger, more aware of my fear thoughts when I have them and more forgiving of myself and others.
- I’m taking really great care of myself, making Korean spa day a priortiy, mani/pedi’s, facials and taking more relaxing baths.
- Booked a supporting lead in the feature film, “Woman on the Edge” straight to offer, no audition, which was a complete surprise.
- ·After writing my mission statement, which was a leap of faith and felt bigger than me, I was asked to be of service in Mexico volunteering at an orphanage, which was in alignment with my mission statement.
- Received my First Executive Producer credit on a feature film through Odyssey Media and now working with the same company on my second one.
- Taking agent meetings for theatrical representation with agents I never would have thought would be interested.
- My sister is pregnant with a baby girl, which is a miracle manifested. She had a miscarriage last year and I have been praying for her and the baby on the way.
- Walking the red (pink) carpet at the Bad Moms movie premiere.
Which tools helped the most in making these awesome changes?
The daily practice of listening to your inspiring audios, Wendy. I am in joy when I listen to them and committed to journaling in my spotlight journal daily. I love being able to track my progress. I also chant for my happiness and the happiness of others and pray with prayer partners and have “future poll” calls.
That’s amazing. It really all begins with an inner shift, doesn’t it?!
What advice would you give to actors who are feeling stuck or frustrated?
- Keep on keeping the faith!
- Find a team of people who believe in you, maybe it’s an acting class, an accountability partner, prayer partners, gratitude partners, who ever you choose, feel you have cheerleaders.
- Don’t allow others to steal you of your joy!
- It’s all about shifting our mindset.
- I believe gratitude is the best attitude.
- Be good to yourself. Eat foods that nourish you, exercise, get outside, think positive thoughts about yourself. If you call yourself fat, you heard that. If I say, I’ll never get a theatrical agent, then I won’t.
- Get daily inspiration, follow Mike Dooley, Abraham Hicks, Mary Morrissey. Whoever inspires you for daily mantras. I create my own on social media, follow me on Twitter if you want one every 9AM PST.
Such great advice, indeed! What are three words that best describe you?
Grateful, Driven, Artistic
Tell us which of Wendy’s audios are on “Christina’s Favorites” playlist?
My top 3 are…
- Manifesting Miracles – I learned to fully forgive myself and others
- I Am Ready For A Quantum Leap – It got me thinking and dreaming bigger and in LOVE with the moon
- Practicing the Art of Trust and Detachment – I cry almost every time I listen to it and learn to trust that letting go is letting in.
Where can we find you online?
Any parting words or a favorite quote?
“When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change.” – Wayne Dyer
“Thoughts become things….choose the good ones.” – Mike Dooley.
“If you are able to imagine it, it is not “unrealistic.” – Abraham Hicks
“YOU ARE LOVED” – Christina DeRosa
Thank you for taking the time to share your heart and your breakthroughs with us, Christina! I know you will continue to shine in the spotlight as an actress and producer. We’ll be watching for you!
Want empowering tools to help you turn lack into limitlessness? Grab your free 30-day trial to Spotlight + get free instant access to the mindset tools Christina transform her career + expand her possibilities in under 3 months?. Details here.