As a professional actor, you probably set goals + have a plan of action, but if you want to significantly change your career + life, you must make this a daily practice:
Notice how you are speaking to yourself + others daily.
It might seem like no big deal to chime in with other actors at a callback about how long you’ve all been waiting, tell yourself you’re not really right for a role or post on social media that you hate pilot season, but every thought you think + word you speak has energy.
Know that what you focus on expands. The energy you put out into the world, gets mirrored back to you…multiplied.
Understand your thoughts become words, behaviors + habits.
Your negative beliefs are simply a habit of thought + your ego’s way of using fear, doubt + worry to help keep you safe. Once you become aware of your ego’s false beliefs, you can make a conscious choice to change them.
Make a daily shift. When you create a daily mindset practice of shifting your thoughts + words to ones that align with what you want, your brain will look for new evidence to support your new beliefs. This daily shift will inspire new actions, encounters + ideas all leading you to more success.
You will never change your life until you change something you do daily.
The secret of your success is found in your daily routine.
~ John C. Maxwell
Create positive automated anchors. One way to stay inspired is to create a mindset mantra + set it as a repeated calendar alert in your phone. This will serve as a daily anchor, reminding you of your new perspective. In fact, it may end up being the best appointment you make!
Here are 10 of my favorite mindset mantras (or feel free to write your own).
1) I hold myself in the wonderfully expectant place of trusting that everything I want is coming to me.
(really take in how good that feels!)
2) I am exactly where I need to be. I am right on track.
(because you are!)
3) My work is to relax and look for positive aspects everywhere I go.
(you’ll be amazed at what shows up for you!)
4) When I look for the good in myself and others (and take inspired action) I am a magnet for success.
(easy + true formula!)
5) My highest self knows how talented, worthy, and unique I am. My work is to align with that knowing.
(Choose to believe this now!)
6) I connect with my inner self today and know that all is truly well in my world. (Love yourself first + everything falls into place)
7) The perfect roles, people, resources and jobs are all lining up for me. I don’t have to figure it all out now—everything I need to know is revealed to me along the way. (You don’t need to know HOW it will all unfold, just keep going!)
8) I know I am a contribution + a gift to the acting community.
(What will December 2014 look like with this as your internal thought in every audition, meeting and on every set or stage?)
9) The more I let go + don’t NEED anything to happen, the more jobs find me. (Detachment is always the key!)
10) I am open to learning, growing and expanding my knowledge.
(Seek tools, people, books and classes that uplift and empower you!)
So, are you all set up to make a daily shift? What will your mantra be for 2014? Leave a comment below to declare it in writing.
Here’s to a year where everything shifts for you!~ Wendy Braun